Saturday, November 5, 2016

Buddy Up!


Now that you have selected your nano name, it is time to build your buddy list. Your buddy list consists of fellow NaNo participants whose word count you are following. These are people you will cheer on and who will encourage you right back.  BUT, you need to know a writer's NaNo  name to locate them. When I put in novelone as I did in the example above you can see my profile come up. Yes, I am standing in front of one of the world's best known bookstores Shakespeare and Company in Paris. #writerbliss You may also notice that I am wearing a halo. More on that in a future post :-)


For example, I want to buddy my friend author Kristina McBride. She has published three amazing young adult novels and is participating this year. I checked with her and she uses her author name as her NaNo name. So I filled in her name and this came up.


I recognized her beautiful face right away so I knew which of the 3 results to select. If you search someone and get multiple results you can click on the profiles and figure it out that way. When I click on her name her profile comes up.


Now all I have to do is click on the Add as Buddy link to the right of her name and presto! We are Buddies! 


3 comments:

  1. Great how-to blog. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great how-to blog. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rochelle Bradley, I am hoping to collect and revise this after NaNo into a nifty little e-book to share for beginners next year.

      Delete